Unshaved hubby.....help please!

My hubby has really sensitive skin and so when he shaves, he always gets bumps and stuff...
I guess he is just too lazy to find a way to get around that or its just important enough for him to look nicely shaved, but it really bothers me... He just kinda shaves around and not all the way! He leaves hair in patches all over his face and it drives me crazy! Its kinda embarrassing to be seen with him! I would NEVER tell him that, but thats how i feel sometimes. Any suggestions on how I can get him to start shaving better? Anything that is good for sensitive skin so maybe it will be easier for him to care what he looks like?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 4:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• LOL!!! Thats kinda funny, at least your hubby has a reason to not shave though. MIne looks like a freakin caveman & refuses to shave. He just does it because I always ask him when he's gonna shave. If I'd leave him alone he'd prob. do it. But Anyways to answer your question........Find some sensitive skin shaving cream (like others have suggested), HOT water, & make sure he puts lotion on afterward. But lotion with alot of extra scent and stuff will prob. irritate it more. After I shave I like to rub on Cocoa Butter and it helps keep me from developing red bumps. So hopefully that helps.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 9:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my husband uses that gelette(SP???? ) pre shave lotion . his skin goes red really bad if he doesnt also they have sensitive skin shaving cream make him use it dont let him just do a "dry " shave . also make sure the razor gets changed more often when i first met my husband he would never change his razor he had the same one once for like 6 months ! lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Changing the razor regularly is a big part of it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Change the razor regularly, use sensitive skin shaving cream and hot water, if that bothers him try hair conditioner works for my hubby and he has super sensitive skin. Also have him splash hot water on his face before applying the cream.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 8:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My hubby is the same way , he went to the Dr who diagnosed him with Roseaca. he has a prescription lotion that helps and also he's found that an electric Razor is much better for his skin. He has a Braun. He still shaves maybe every other day, instead of daily.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My hubby has ridiculously sensitive skin (but for some reason it's only his facial skin...) anyway i buy him the Nivea line for men.....it seems to work really well...it can be a little pricey for some on the lotions (sometimes...but you can find it at walmrt ....so it's not like $100 a pop...lol) but if you/he doesnt' like that something for SENSITIVE skin would work...he needs to use an after LOTION/MOISTURIZER.....not an after shave....
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My dh has to shave everyday(army) and he gets bumps if he does, so I got him a Norelco razor with the lotion and he uses it. it doesn't get as close as a regular razor, but it is better for him. He also uses shea butter afterwards. Good luck.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'd have him go to a Mens Salon and have them fix him up and show him how to shave and keep a nice clean cut goatee! Men always look so nice and sexy with a clean cut goatee.
    Anonymous

• mary kay has a specific category for men called MKmen that has shave foam, lotion and everything else for men try that

www.marykay.com/marie.reeves

all products are 15% and always free shipping
    Marykay_usmc

Answer by Marykay_usmc at 12:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009