I paid For Easter candies W/foodstamps.

Did anyone else? I found it on sale though. So able to giv my kids a gift as well with money I saved. Who else had to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Don't worry about what anyone else says about people on welfare.it is for people who need it.I have four children and if I weren't getting it,I don't know how I would feed them.Some peope say that people on welfare are lazy and need to get a job.Ok,how easy is that right now in a recession.The people that say those things are usually people who have money.What if they lost there job or there company went down.What would they do? never judge a person.That is Gods job.I would like to be your friend.Send me a request and let me know whoyou are.
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 12:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Why didn't you use the money you saved for the Easter candy? I just watched struggling, working families that couldn't afford to do Easter this year volunteer their time at a soup kitchen for people that have less than they do. I'm glad there are struggling families out here working two and three jobs to stay OFF welfare so that you can get Easter candy with foodstamps and save your money too. ~Give yourself a pat on the back~.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You know you're gonna get toasted on this one. The majority of people on here think people on welfare are just too lazy or stupid to work. They should only be eating bread and water. We didn't buy much Easter candy, just because my kids get a lot from other places, church, grandparents, ect and they don't eat a lot of candy.

So I hope your kids enjoyed the treat, and I hope you had a happy easter
    Anonymous

• I didnt do that - but I want to say good for you!!! I am happy for your kids.
    Anonymous

• Oh no you diiiiinnnnnnt!! Okay..good for you. If I had an EBT card, I probably would have too.
    Anonymous

• I either could of bought candy with my money and nothing else, Or I could use 15 bucks of my food stamps that I quailify for to buy candies. and buy 2 baskets& lil extra to go in them. Iam not lazy, I work fulltime. Im a single mom and not making a carrer off foodstamps. I was just wondering if anyone else had to also do the same. Or Am I the only person whi can admit it?
    Anonymous

• By the way my kids buckets and lil stuff came from dollar tree~ Please PPl! My son who is older got a game I saved since feb for.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure you didn't spend your entire allotment on Easter Candy but please use those food stamps wisely. At the rate people are losing their jobs, there will be a lot more people applying for benefits and fewer taxpayers to subsidize the program. Luckily, I have never had to apply for food stamps or Medicaid and I will do all I can to make sure I never need to. As a taxpayer, it is upsetting to see recipients buying cuts of meat and other products that I can only afford to buy as an extra special treat.
    tiredgranny521

Answer by tiredgranny521 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I dont but steak if that what your getting at. I buy our food as if it were cash in my hand. Trying to get sales and checking local ad's for sales. We still eat cup of noodles too! But today is easter and Im proud to make some chicken. My 5 year old has so enjoyed her day.. she just had a bday and is all about the holidays as shes getting older. We went to a egg hunt @ our church yest and we have had a blessed easter . Hope all of you have also!
    Anonymous

• I agree@tiredgranny
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009