when you were pregnant did you feel tired even if you didnt do anything at all that day but eat? is that normal?

i just wake up tired and i just feel very overwhelmed when i know i have to get things done or even when i dont have anything to do i am just tired....and i sleep all day!!! i go to bed at around 10pm and i dont get up until like 2 or maybe 3 in the afternoon!!!!! i practically sleep the day away....i just need to know if it is normal or not or if it is common during pregnancy.... thanks in advance

oh and im in my second trimester.....23wks 2days

anything will help thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm...i hope it normal lol cuz thats what i did! :) enjoy the sleep while you can!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• its normal.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yes i am 5 months i dotn sleep alot now but i am allways tired
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i did the same thing. exactly. its like your on nyquil all day long.
    TXMamaRed

Answer by TXMamaRed at 5:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yes it is totally normal!!!
    with my first, i was a bus monitor, so during the day when we had no kids, i was allowed to take naps!!
    then my second, i was at a different job, and was working for a good family friend. he let me take naps too. haha
    now that we're on our third, i'm not working, but totally lacking in house work!!!

Anonymous

• yup. somedays my big accomplishment was taking a 5 hour nap, even though I got 9 hours of sleep the night before. If you take vitamins, it helps with having extra energy.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I am the exact same way. I wake up b/c i'm hungry. I could sleep all day. My morning sickness has been fierce. I'm only 7 weeks, but hoping this goes away soon. We haven't told anyone yet, so it's hard to keep up my normal energy!
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 6:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yep, it's normal! There were weeks when I could hardly get off the couch.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• LOL...You're growing a baby. Of course you'll be tired.:) It's hard work. :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'm 5 months and I can barely keep my eyes open all day long. I'm really tired too!! I'm guessing it's normal!
    wastedspace

Answer by wastedspace at 7:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2009