Ok just gotta vent..waitress @ IHOP

No bashing!
My daughter will be 5 months old at the end of the month, well today, my DH, DD and myself went to IHOP. I ordered her a single pancake and the waitress gives me these horrible looks and ask "don't you think she's a little young to eat a pancake?". OK! First off, I feed my child table food, thats right I said it...I'm not paying 2 bucks for 2 containers of baby food when I can make it myself.
I didn't give her syrup, but tore up the pancake into tiny pieces and guess what...SHE LOVED IT! Did she choke? No. I gave her juice and she ate almost a half of a pancake.
I can't believe that people actually think horrible of you because you feed your child table food, in my eyes, baby food is table food only put into a blender, does anyone else feed their child table food?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ummm no.... Not at five months... There is a reason why people shouldn't do that. The digestive system is not ready for that kind of food yet and can cause them get compacted... I met a lady who told me that her sister feed her baby regular food from about 5 months on and that child had to have gastrointestional surgery to remove undigested food..... I'm not bashing, but feeding them food to early is dangerous for them.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• HELL yeah and people used to look bad upon me all the time and not only cause that i get looks
    because im fourteen with a one year old son but people dont know you so dont take it to heart its not worth it kk cause im an awsome mother and im sure you are to and as long as she loves it then dont listen
    morganmommie

Answer by morganmommie at 4:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I make my own food..per her doctor it's okay.
    The veggies and fruits we eat...go in the blender.

Today is the first day I gave her a pancake. But I give her tastes of other things.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yeah, foods like fruits and veggies blended is just fine for a 4-5 month old.. Its basically the same thing as baby food.... but things like hot dogs, hamburgers etc. crap like that is bad... Thats what the one lady told me her sister gave to her child! yikes!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I can't imagine being 14 with a 1yr old son. WOW...... It wasn't the servers place to say anything to you. If it were me, I probably would have looked at you like you were an idiot as well but I wouldn't have said anything. What you do with your child is your business.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No, I don't give her meats yet. (Doctor said maybe when she's 6 months)
    And will not feed my child hotdogs, processed meats, ect...

But I did give her a pancake, she loved it.
    I give her pastina, the baby star pasta...little bit of cheese sauce and she loves that too.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I feed my child table food and have since she was probably 3 months old. Her first taste was a piece of cheesecake and there was no turning back. She will be 7 months on the 14th and she will only eat table food. We tear chicken apart for her and give her mac and cheese and she doesn't choke. I had the same thing happen to me by a friend saying I was poisoning her giving her food that early. Yet my child is happy, healthy and having no problems. Her son will be 6 months old on the 16th and cant sit, roll over or crawl and my daughter started doing the sitting up and rolling at 3 months and crawling a few weeks ago. SO give you baby what makes her happy, just make sure you check for food allergies. Our DD is allergic to avocado's as of now. We even give her peanut butter sandwich's, ice cream, yogurt and pudding. As long as your DD isn't having stomach or bowel issues let her enjoy the food.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh yeah... those things are perfect! and she loves it too! My son is 5months and I going to try giving him some baby food soon... Hes been eating rice ceral with alittle bit of juice and a scoop of formula.... I can't wait to see his face when he trys some!

I give her pastina, the baby star pasta...little bit of cheese sauce and she loves that too
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• What kind of baby food are you going to give him first Soonmommyof3?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• We started giving table foods at 6 months and the boys were totally on table foods by the time they were 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009