I want this but IDK if I should

Would you buy a bird from the classified ad that has to be flight shipped to you? I was goign to por the email the lady sent me but it is too many characters. I know there are a lot of conartist out there but I really want this macaw.

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pets

• maybe if you send her 1/3 of the money she could ship it and when he gets there you could send the rest?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• That's what I was thinking...they are usually thousands of dollars in the pet shops and she is asking 500 for two, the cost for shipment and papers
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• see thats just a big difference, thats why i wouldn't send her all of it up front. is she in the states? maybe a written contract too, that way if she doesn't send them you can take it to court if you want to. i mean just something saying upon reciept of x amount of money she will send them to you, and when you recieve them you will send x amount of money or whatever signed by both of you that way its in writing
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yea well she apparently just moved out of the country b/c of her job
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh well then, go with seeing if she will let you send only part of it now and when the macaws get there you will send the rest. maybe see if there is a company that will work with the out of the country thing. but some places will allow you to give them the money and they will hold it for whomever it is meant for until certain stipulations are met. this way both of you know that you will get what you are supposed to out of the deal. and if she doesn't send them you can get your money back....i don't know hope the ideas help a bit
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• thanks
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• no no no no no!!! never do anything like that!! those ppls excuses are that they always just moved outta the country!! i DO NOT recommend you doing this..partial money or not..not a good idea
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yea, it kinda pisses me off because it was in thte local classified adds
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• it's a scam don't do it. they warn you on the classifies to be aware of scams like this. you'll be out your money if you do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Don't do it!
    ChangingSeasons

Answer by ChangingSeasons at 10:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2009