HELP!!

OMG my new neighbors are drug dealers I don't know what to do I can't have my child around that kind of stuff, and yes I know for a fact they are dealing. We have the same landlord do I tell him or tell the police? I'm close to the main K-9 unit cop in my town should I tell him or my landlord? I'm scared if I tell the police they'll know it was me and I'd afraid of their actions HELP I'm at a loss as to what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They gotta make their money too.
    Anonymous

• i would mention it to the friend who is a cop. that way he can take it from there, just make sure you mention the fact that you don't want to be involved or have them know you are involved at all.
    as for they gotta make their money too, they can go apply for a job like everyone else, they don't have to sell illegal crap to kids which is where half of it goes anyways. your a mom right? you really want to go id your kid in a morgue b/c the drugs her neighbors sold your kid were laced with something ,or he/she od'd on them? thats just an immature response
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• im sorry but if you know for sure they are then why havent youcalled the cops yet? why ask cafemom ?
    Anonymous

• umm, its part of living in the hood, my friend. And my kids will be raised smart enough not to be buying drugs, and if they were to buy drugs w/o me knowing im sure they would choose a different drug dealer than my next door neighbor.
    Anonymous

• I don't live in the hood its actually a nice neighborhood or it was and I know not to buy drugs but the fact that people are goingin and out of there at all hours all high and messed up scares the hell out of me. I havent called the cops because I litterally just comfirmed they are dealers if your going to give pissy responses then don't post
    Anonymous

• fyi it wasnt a pissy respone . if i lived next door to someone i learned was a drug dealer i WULD HAD called hte cops by now not asked on line what should i do . my kids saftey is more important then asking strangers what i should do . i was not being "pissy " most people would had called the cops or talked to their cop friend .
    Anonymous

• usually theres an annonymous tip line at the police station you can call. The cops will look into it, but not garenteed to catch them. Sometimes theres even a cash reward if they get caught. On the otherhand, its everywhere these days. Sometimes its just inevidable, even in the most reputable neighborhoods.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yea I don't think the police EVER tell who called. They know what goes on they are police officers and deal with it every day.

Just call you local non-emergency number for the police department and leave an anonymous tip. No one will know who you are when you call and when the police come out to investigate they will not say why they are there just that they recieved a complaint.

If you feel you are in danger then yes I would say tell the police the land lord won't care because he is still making his money and does not want to lose renters. The police are the best way to go.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If I was a drug dealer and got busted, my first thought would probably be that one of my patrons got busted and rolled over on me to get out of their own trouble...not my neighbor called the police.

CALL THE COPS.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• These days you don't have to live in a bad neighborhood to have drug dealers as neighbors, just in our local papers alone, I've read about a meth lab that was busted in a neighborhood with half a million dollar homes. Yes, you should call the police, they will look into it, and investigate on their own. So as others have said, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009