• In the Spotlight:

If you could afford a nanny, would you get one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but I'd definitely get a housekeeper. I want to raise my own kid, thanks but I hate to clean my own house so...bring on the housekeeper!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Hell yeah, at least a part-time one.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No. It just seems like other people cant handle my child like I want them to. Yes for housekeeper though!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• no, I can take care of two kids w/o the help of another woman, but if I had three I might consider it. Housekeeper on the other hand, oh hell yes bacause cleaning is not on my list of things i enjoy.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I COULD AFFORD ONE BUT CHOSE NOT TO HAVE ONE, I WANTED ALL THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD TO MYSELF!

Answer by older at 6:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I agree with not having a nanny, but having a housekeeper. It would make my life less stressful and my DH very happy.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 6:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I was a nanny and I always felt that I spent more time with the kids then the parents. I would like a housekeeper.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I can also afford one but I choose to raise our kids fulltime, no daycare, preschool etc...... I wouldn't have had children if I planned to pawn them off on someone else...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 6:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I could have probably afforded one but to me, paying for it and not being with my son wouldn't have made it working worth it. If I had loads of extra cash laying around, I'd take some pre-teen/teen girls under my wing as mother's helpers and have them help me with the baby so I could work part-time as well as be home with my son while teaching them. It's "mother's-helpering" that helped me gain loads of references when I was a teenager and I made THOUSANDS babysitting lol. I'd love to do the same for someone else.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No. Housekeeper/maid/cook, yes, but not a nanny.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 6:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009