Ideas for a birthday party for a 11 yr. old girl? She's having a sleepover, but need ideas for games/crafts?

soccer2mom

Asked by soccer2mom at 6:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• It all depends on her. Ask her what her & her friends may enjoy the best.. At 11, every kid is so diffrent its hard to give good advice...
    Ages 1-16yrs old enjoy Photo Shoots (lol).. Me & friends would do this.. we would dress up in my clothes & find fun ways to model around my room. lol.. sometimes we would spend alot of time on makeup & hair & take "studio shoots" sometimes we would do really silly stuff & see how bad we could do each others make up & hair! Really great now with digital cameras, upload them to the computer.
    bake something? make up a dance routine? make a mini-scrapbook if your really crafty!
    i think now u can go to hobby lobby get molding clay & mold-bake in oven-paint type thing.
    take them to walmart & let them pick out a board game (I LOVE BOARD GAMES, personally!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• ooo ooo make overs
    nail ploish mirrors, hair brushed and bows make up ect
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• A few months ago when I was googling some craft info, I came across an idea for a slumber party activity - making sleep masks.
    Anonymous

• Here's a site where you can find craft activities, or get some ideas anyway.

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 9:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Making jewelry with beads, taking pictures with a digital camera
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• For the older kids at my son's recent birthday party, I went to the hobby store and bought plain white tshirts that were on sale for $2 apiece for each kid and then I bought tons of different colors of "Scribbles" fabric paints. I also bought iron-on transfer paper for my printer and made transfers of the party theme (Mod-Monkey) with each kid's name on it. Then my husband very kindly did the transfers.

The kids LOVED painting their shirts.

It's not the cheapest craft project. I think in retrospect, you could ask each kid to bring a plain white tshirt, then just provide a bunch of fabric paint for a less fussy, much less expensive craft project.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• do it the old fashion way....oldmake-up - you dont want to ruin your good stuff, hair rollers/hair stuff, pillows, p.j.'s & music and then stay out of the way...they will take care of the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had a huge party when I was 10, like 30 girls! My mom told the other moms to send over some old cheap make-up, she provided the "food" (junk!), and rented some horror movies. We had it at my grandmothers house (she had a huge, almost 5000 sq ft house); we set up different "areas" for things to take place. There was movies in one room, make-overs in the bathroom, ghost stories upstairs on the balcony, gossiping and boy-talk in the guestroom. You don't have to go overboard like she did, but kind of the only thing to do when you have that many girls. The main thing she did was once everyone was there, she disappeared, and only checked up on us every couple of hours.
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 4:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• For my daughter's 11th birthday we bought a package of cheap pillowcases somewhere, and picked up fabric paint on Freecycle. The girls painted the pillowcases; ate pizza, played twister, and gossiped.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009