Will my boyfriend ever marry me? Its been three years.

we have been together for three years and we have a 6 month baby boy. he was married once before at age 18 to his daugthers mother. oh and we have lived together for 2 years.

djnaenae87

Asked by djnaenae87 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Can't answer for him but maybe he's nervous about marriage since his first didn't survive.
    Anonymous

• Your are already giving him what he want..With out marraige..Why should he marry you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Louise has a point. Men and women think VERY differently. For men, why buy the cow when the milk is free? He may not have any urgency to marry you and make it official because you're already living as married people would. You're just going to have to tell him "I want to get married, what are your thoughts on this?" and see what he says. If he doesn't want to, you can't force him to want to. I wouldn't want to be with a man that I had to badger or guilt into marrying me. Before I get into a relationship with someone, I like to know where they're headed and what they are looking for in a relationship. There's nothing like devoting a lot of time and feelings (not to mention a child) into a relationship and then finding out their goals are completely different.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• 3 years isn't all that long, especially after he was already married. Give him some time. He's been through a lot already. And I hope you're not pressuring him because that'll just push him away even more.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Louise...sorry, he's just getting everything right now without the commitment of marriage.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 7:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• ditto on the "why should he? he's got everything he wants now"

Answer by admckenzie at 7:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• A lot of men want the benefits of marriage without the paper and so far that's worked for you. Have you told him how you feel? If you push him about it and give an ultimatum you very well may push him away. But you know... lots of women propose to men too and you could say that you'd love it if he would do the honor of marrying you, but regardless you're there to stay if you are okay with that.
    Good luck to you
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i cant say that he will or that he wont justkeep your faith and your hopes up
    mommy9182009

Answer by mommy9182009 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2009