How do you keep the flames from burning out????

I know that all moms can relate to this question.... How do you get in quality time with your mate??? What new and exciting things can you do besides going out to dinner or watching a movie over popcorn???? How do you keep your mate happy and split equal amounts of time btwn he and the baby and not have him feel left out??? Help????

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I usually take our baby everywhere with us. We rarely ever have anyone else watch him. My son is 9 months, so we can watch a movie while he is playing with his toys. We like to go for walks, while pushing our son in the stroller. Yesterday we went out (with our son) to a restaurant that plays music . Both of them loved it.

We really don't do anything different now that we have our baby. We feel that he can enjoy all of the things that we do also. But, alone time is amazing and maybe you guys can do special things like cooking together, games, just dancing in the living room when the baby is asleep.
    MeagMomma0809

Answer by MeagMomma0809 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'll second that... we do everything with our kids involved (well except in the bedroom of course lol). We go to flea markets, go out to eat, movies (theater), garden (flower beds and fruit and veggie garden), we just do everything together.
    It's not all that new and exciting but it works for us, we're a pretty solid family. Once in a while I want to spend some time alone to just run around the house naked (so we call the SIL and she takes our kids with her for a couple of hours).
    Or we wait till they're asleep and we have our adult time watching adult movies, or laying in bed talking about all kinds of things and to me that keeps us close. We send dirty IM's to each other while we're in the same room somtimes so the kids can't hear what we're saying.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Savor time with kiddies while they are small, and fan those flames when they go to sleep!! You can always take a night or two a month get family to watch the kids and just have date night like before you were married. Use your imagination go to drive in make out, hold hands when you are walking places. They say touching your mate stimulates your brain and makes you desire to be more lovey dovey and be together more. You need your grown up time with your man, your girlfriends and most importantly YOURSELF! Always take time for yourself so you can enjoy everything else in your life! Your imagination is an endless treasure of great ideas of keeping things spiced up in your life!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• We keep up the sense of humor-- make jokes, laugh together, and be silly.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009