What is a brand of hair clippers that are ultra quiet and cut well for SPD child?

My three year old can not tolerate a haircut. Clippers are best option so that no one gets cut. What is a good brand of hair clippers that cuts well, has guards and is very quiet? I saw the Kid Klips had terrible reviews.

EiEiO

Asked by EiEiO at 7:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Saw this on the Leaps and Bounds website:

Kid Klip Hair Clippers
    The only kid-friendly hair clippers — no nicks, cuts, or scary noises! These nick-proof clippers were designed just for children, with rounded blades and a quiet, soothing motor. Includes four attachment combs (for perfect-length trims), hair scissors, comb — even a barber's cape and book to keep kids distracted. Storage pouch and charging adaptor included.
    Anonymous

• Try andies(I may not have spelled it right!), I use them in the salon, they are pretty quiet, and somewhat small too. You can get them at a beauty supply store.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Not sure of the answer, but what we did for my SPD son was put ear plugs in his ears and cut his hair every three weeks so that it didn't get too long and pull on his hair. Good luck. Hair and nails are such an issue!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I found a great pair of kid clippers at wal-mart. I can't remember the maker but they have a little lion on the. They are great low vibrate and quiet. My son had SPD and hair cuts are a major issue for him, scissors or clippers. Having a sensory outlet before starting the hair cut has made a huge difference.
    LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 5:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• They are made by conair.
    LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 5:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I don't know what brand they are, but the place where I take the boys...the one girl there has a pair you can barely hear!

I also have discovered the power of suggestion works for my oldest boy...I tell him we're going to tickle him a little and he's better with a hair cut. It also has to be HIS idea to get the hair cut. Oh, and letting him feel the clippers before starting.

Honestly, though...scissors work better for him. He's 5 now and will sit still for the most part. I give him a covered cup with a straw and whatever he wants to drink. He rarely allows clippers, but he will on occasion. But scissors always work...they're quiet and don't vibrate.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I just ordered the Philips Norelco CC5060 Kids Clippers from Amazon. I will let you know how they work. I read on another blog that the Kid KIips from Conair were not so hot. If anyone has used those though, let me know. They could be my next purchase :)
    HappyMomOfCJ

Answer by HappyMomOfCJ at 7:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2010