Children's Claritin

I bought some children's Claritin for my 3 year old son and thought I would do a little research about the possible side effects before I gave him a dose. Here are the effects listed...

Nervousness
Wheezing
Fatigue
Hyperactivity
Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
Conjunctivitis ("pink eye")
Voice changes
A general ill feeling (malaise)
Upper respiratory tract infection (such as the common cold).

If you have used Claritin with your children, did they experience any of these side effects? Just wondering how common they are.

Thanks for your time!

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 7:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I give it to my 5 year old under the direction of our pediatrician. I've not noticed any side effects in him.

They are going to list any side effect any person has EVER attributed to the medication to cover their own butts. It's that way with ANY of them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• most meds have a huge list of HORRIBLE poss side effects, that are RARELEY seen
    :)
    my 5 1/2 yr old takes childrens claratin in the spring and summer with no probs at all
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my boy is two yrs. old and no problems either
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 7:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have used it with my son and had no issues. The only issue is that it never worked. He is now 12 1/2 and we use Zyrtec D.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My dd is almost 2 and takes it. Haven't noticed anything outside the ordinary.
    Anonymous

• Any drug prescribed or over the counter has potential side effects. i use a natural supplement with my son and it works better than anything we have tried. Message me if you are interested.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009