Do you have a corner kitchen sink?

We are renovating a house we own and plan to live there full time in about 5 years. We are moving the kitchen and are contemplating a corner sink. If you have one, what do you like and/or dislike about it? Thanks so much for your help.

Grandma2Olivia

Asked by Grandma2Olivia at 7:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've never seen one! Interesting idea, but I'd hate to lose the double sink.
    Thia29

Answer by Thia29 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• The one thing I liked about our corner sink was that I had more prep/counter space, and that it filled a corner that otherwise wasn't used for anything. I found a nice little corner shelf that I was able to store frequently used sink gadgets and accessories to maximize it's practicality.

BUT because it was in the corner, I couldn't have a divided sink (too big). I love my divided sink with the garbage disposal on one side!

Corner sinks are great in small kitchens, but if you have a larger kitchen with more counter space or an island, you will want the sink centered in the middle of your workspace, so you can navigate around better.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I hated my corner kitchen sink. Absolutely hated it. You have to have a small faucet because your center of the sink is shorter and that limits what you can fit into the sink. I would never have another one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had one in our last place and I hated it. My back was to everything. I couldn't simply turn my head to see what kids were doing. I felt like a 5 yr old standing in a corner.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My mother has 1 and I like it. We are redoing our kitchen but are not able to do it without moving plumbing around. It's just not worth it. Only think I don't like about it at my mom's is there no window to look directly out of. It's where the old sink used to be.

Anonymous