Infant carseat/carrier question

So this weekend my mom bought me one of the graco travel systems (stroller and carrier/car seat). So as most of them are, this carseat/carrier goes up to 22 lbs. I know there is a ton of variability, but how old do you think the baby will be at that point? And after 22 lbs, can she basically just sit in the main part of the stroller? I'm guessing the next thing I'd get when she grows out of it is a convertible carseat, that can rear face and then front face, right? Thanks ladies!!!

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was a year and a half before she was that weight...she was about 17lbs at a year. The standard is 20lbs at one year...so she was a little on the small end. Your LO will probably be ready for the main part long before the weight limit on the seat is up.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my son is 15 lbs and can fit (secured) in the stroller itself. He's 5 months if that helps. I think he'll be a little over a year when he hits 22lbs..... and yes, when your child outgrows the carseat you want to get the convertible seat. Your child should be rear facing anywhere from 20-35lbs or at LEAST a year old. Good luck keeping them safe!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• baby can sit in the reg stroller part at any point that you want him/her to
    as far as 22 lbs, every baby is diff
    and yes a convertable seat would be next
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I never kept her in the car seat the whole time. Either way works..I also used the stroller without the car seat before she was 22 lbs. My girl was in a front facing car seat by the time she was 10 mos because she no longer fit in the other one!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• She should be able to sit in the regular stroller part at about 5/6 months. No where NEAR 22 lbs lol... and the changing car seat thing will happen when she cant fit in the rear facing one anymore. and she shouldnt be more than 22 lbs by then either. my son was in his rearfacing car seat till about 13/14 months and he's big for his age. and dont worry so much =] everything will come naturally and you'll know what works for you and her by the time all that stuff comes... =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• 22 pounds is around 18 months. You'll end up leaving the seat in the car by then. My DS is 18 lbs and is 8 months old. WAY too heavy to carry around in the carseat anymore
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2009