changing relationship

i have a problem. i had a baby two weeks ago and i could care less if i sleep with my husband in the same bed and i havent been interested in doing anything even though i want to, any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if you just had a baby 2 weeks ago...everyone is adjusting to a major change. Give yourself some time. You are likely to be exhausted and spent both physically and emotionally. You are still on a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Again just give yourself some time, I wouldn't worry about it right now :)
    Anonymous

• Aren't you supose to wait 6 week to have sex???

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You can't have sex for atleast the 6 weeks first of all.. and your hormones are going thru so much right now that it's no wonder you're not wanting to sleep in the bed with him. My mind was always on the baby and I usually slept in the other room so I didn't wake hubby up all night tending to the baby.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• you should feel comfortable enough to have your husband help you. even if he works outside the home and you a temporary or full time stay at home mom, there's still plenty for you to do if he works out side the home or elsewhere in your home. Having a baby is hard work, birthing I mean and other things yes. But right now it's about you just having had a human being come out of you that grew for about 9 months give or take. Your best relationship for your future is for him to help now and you both help in your future. If you can't ask him yourself, try temporary counseling with a minister, or some one else for him to understand you need him. That's not you being incompetent and he will be more of a man to help you.
    Anonymous

• After I had my son I was so scared of gettin pregnant again I avoided my husband every chance I could and it was like that for almost six months! So don't rush yourself, and if you are wanting to that is a good sign you will be back to normal soon! For your bodys healing sake wait at least six weeks to have sex again! It has been through a huge change in the last year and birth is total shock to your system. At least it was for me! On top of being dead tired after taking care of newborn your honey I'm sure understands and if he doesn't educate him! Tell him when he can pass a watermelon thru his penis then he can talk to you about wanting sex!! You can work yourself up to wanting it again with his "help" lol! Good luck hone everything be fine just relax!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 8:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Just relax and adjust to your new life with a child. Other stuff can wait. Savor this first weeks bonding with baby. You won't get them back. You can have sex with dad anytime!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• And the issue is? You'll be so tired and busy for the next few years you probably won't have much time for sex anyway. The baby should be the focus now.
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 2:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009