Crawling before even sitting up?!?!

did yours do this? mine is close to crawling but he can't sit up yet! lol

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. My son just turned 7 months and he can crawl, but just won't sit up. The sad part is he can get in the sitting position from the crawling position, and thankfully he can hold himself with his hands, but I'm so scared he's going to throw his arms up and just fall back! =)
    Anonymous

• All babies do things differently and the crawling will help with the back muscles. Encourage sitting up as much as possible so your child doesn't miss a step in his development.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• lol
    completely possible. some dont crawl, they go straight to walking. not a big deal. i would encourage sitting up if it bothers you, if not then dont worry about it.
    all babies are different. maybe he'll sit up later. not a big deal though =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My son didnt start sitting up until after he started crawling, but within a day or two of really crawling, he was sitting up on his own. It kinda freaked me out when he did start sitting up though. I had put him down for bed, and I went in to check on him cause he was crying and I peek in, and he was just sitting up in his crib like it was no big deal. He was a pro at it, like he had been doing it for weeks.
    hem0036

Answer by hem0036 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009