HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT?

kaelyn19

Asked by kaelyn19 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well for me I felt sick the first day after missing my periods. I missed my periods and took a test. The line appeared. That is how I knew.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Take a pregnancy test.....go to the doctor.....duh
    Anonymous

• u pee on a test n it has 2 lines :)
    Anonymous

• My first time - something just seemed different - I dont know what it was just something. Then I had pms as normal and cramping. Then I never got my period - nothing. No spotting - nothing. I was like a day late with period, if that and I took the test and sure enough I was. weird? Who knows.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You know when you pregnant when you have sex, (planned or unplanned) and you miss a period (unless you take a test before your first missed period) and then you Take a test..and it says pregnant..then you go to the doctors and they will also do a test to confirm it...

some women assume their pregnant because they start to think hard about hoping their pregnant or hoping their not that their body "Looks" for symptoms of being pregnant...

So..truly the one way to tell would be by testing and seeing the doctor!

hope that helped ^_^
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'm assuming your asking "what were the signs or symtoms?"

With my daughter my breast hurt SO bad. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Hugging someone hurt! I also got sick when we were moving but chalked it up to being to hot and tired. The next day on Father's Day I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!

With my son that I'm currently carrying I didn't really have any "symtoms" but I did have some implantation spotting on 9 DPO and a few little cramps. I chart so when my period didn't start after my normal luteal phase period I took a test and as I like to say it was "instapositive" LOL

Other signs or symtoms that women experience in early pregnancy are:

*Creamy discharge (not always a sign of pregnancy and it is best to know what your normal discharge is in the 2nd part of the luteal phase before chalking this up to pregnancy)

*Tardy Period

*Dull Cramping in abdomen

*Tender or Swollen
    Anonymous

• *Nausia or Vomitting

* Being more tired than normal

*Just "feeling" pregnant

*Adversions to certain foods

*Unusual Cravings

If your concerned take an over the counter pregnancy test. You can get one from the dollar store for $1 or one from your local grocery store for between 5 and 12 dollars. If you can afford a test there are lots of clinics that give them out for free. If the test is positive than make an appointment with your midwife, doctor or local women's clinic.

Prenatal care is EXTREMELY important so be sure you get some ASAP! In the mean time start taking a prenatal vitamin NOW even if you haven't confirmed your pregnancy because nueral tube defects happen before you ever even know your pregnant from lack of Folic Acid. You can buy them over the counter for between 4 and 10 bucks at Wal-Mart or get some for free from a local women's clinic.

Anonymous

• For me I was sick for 3 weeks straight and went to my doctor and found out I was 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant, I didn't think I could be cause I was on the pill and my periods were commonly on and off, but I never knew antibiotics would make my birth control less effective so now I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant with our son and we have a 9 year old daughter who is very excited....
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009