PREGNACY

HOW DOSE IT FEEL WHEN THE BABY KICKS THE FIRST TIME

lilmama67

Asked by lilmama67 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Like butterflies in your belly. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• First you will feel your baby "quickening" which feels like a fluttering inside your stomach, then as it gets bigger you will literally feel your baby moving around inside you and kicking off your insides. It's really neat and with my daughter when she was moving I knew it.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i thought i was having a muscle spasm =P turns out it was baby moving! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i wasnt sure at first if it was the baby or not? it just feels like this feeling in ur belly? after i felt it a few times a day i was sure thats wat it was. but it was nothing like it was expecting. almost like something in water?...
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• The first time I felt my baby kick I was getting a sonogram done and it felt like I had butterflies in my belly but as the months went by those little flutters turned into karate kicks, feels as if he is trying to kick me wide open even now at 38 weeks and 5 days he still kicks like he is trying out for his black belt in karate....
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It usually feels like one of 2 things:

Quickening- Feels like little flutters or butterflies in your stomach. Can also feel like your stomach "rolling over" like when you get scared or nervous very quickly. KWIM?

Kicks- Feels like GAS bubbles at first. Many women do not realize that it's their baby the first couple of times because it feels like when your tummy is making noise or moving from gas.
    Anonymous