pottty trainning

I have a almost a 3 year old boy
i been try to potty training him. he don't have nothing to do with it at all i thought he would when see his sister doing it. i was going get this that saw i don't know if it any good or not. here the name of it Train ONLY 3 DAYS
dose any one of these work i see a loot of theses.

Thanks

piglet91

Asked by piglet91 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is only 7 months old but i was talking to my mother about potty training in the future and she told me to just wait til he shows interest in the toilet and going to the bathroom and kinda try to prod him. she said trying to force kids to go to the bathroom does no good...but that's just her experience.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I did a 3-day method with my daughter at 19 months. It took 7 days, not 3 days, but even so I HIGHLY recommend it. There are a lot of those out there. The basic gist of the one I did is: you go straight to underwear, throw away all the diapers and don't go back. You put them in underwear and a t-shirt and stay home for 3 days. As they play, you wait for them to have an accident and when it starts you move them quickly to the potty so hopefully they finish on the potty. You remind them that pee/poo goes in the potty and reward them if a little makes it in. Very quickly they start having fewer accidents and then something just *clicks* and they start going on their own (or, since my daughter was only 19 months, asking to go). It was amazing. Check out the permanent post on "3-day method" on the "potty training moms support group" on CM. Lots of info there. My daughter's doing so great still at 22 months. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Here's a link to that post: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1182517/3_Day_Potty_Training
    This is where I got most of my info (along with the discussion board I mentioned above, which is active)... Apparently the woman who designed the method has an e-book she tries to sell... I didn't get it and didn't need it.

EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009