• In the Spotlight:

How do you do it?

My triplets are 2 months old and really they're doing my head in! Okay, I love them to bits, and I know I shouldn't say things like this, but I've finally, for the first time in 2 months it seems got some peace and quiet, at last. Seriously, how do you moms do it? When you feel like everything's just going to pieces. Or is that just me? In need of some serious cheering up please! Husband's away again as well :(.

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 8:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We all feel that way from time to time. You have 3 babies at once and if your just now going crazy I take my hat off to you. Plus your hubby is gone, mine is here and I still have my days where I go crazy with the crying, fussing, and all the diapers and cleaning. Your a very strong woman and you can do it. Take a breath and time out for yourself. Get help when you need it and ask for it and take it even if you don't. Don't forget to take time out for you. Get your hair done, go shopping alone, take a relaxing bath or sleep if only for a few hours while someone watches the kids. Enjoy the quiet and take it whenever you can and just relax. Your doing a great job and you have a long ride ahead and if it gets to crazy walk away and gather yourself and your composure and then go back at it. YOUR A WOMAN AND WE CAN DO ANYTHING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND ENJOY THEM WHEN YOU CAN AND LOVE THE QUIET WHEN YOU GET IT. :)
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I cannot even imagine having triplets. When I had my daughter, just having her seemed to have every moment of my life which was fine, I just dont know how I could split up my attention between more then one child without feeling guilty. Im sure your so busy that you cant even think about that..lol. Just the fact that you can take care of 3 at once sounds like your doing alot more then alot of moms, so Id be proud of yourself and just keep going..
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't know how to handle myself with 3 babies at once. I freaked out with one at first. A lil post pardom, but went away quickly. I just didnt think I was going to be a good mom. Turned out I had it in me but was just scared. But omg with 3 and doing it by your self. You must be a very strong paitent woman. If I were you if you need a break get a sitter for a few hours, even if you dont have anywhere to go. Just to relax a bit. You deserve it. You should be proud of yourself. That has to be extremely hard. If I were to have twins or even triplets of coarse I would learn to do it with 2 or 3, but I just dont know how I would. So i tip my hat off to you. Be proud. were all here for ya.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have a 6 week old and I"ll tell you, the first few weeks I thought I'd lose my mind. I kept thinking I just wasn't cut out for motherhood. My daughter cries A LOT and cannot be put down without screaming and it drives me absolutely nuts. I take it one day at a time. I know that sounds cliche, but seriously just getting through one day is sometimes rough and I only have the 1 kid, I can't imagine 3. I keep reminding myself that it gets much better when they're older, everyone tells me so. I know one day this will all be a memory and I might even miss her being so little and attached to me, but right now it's extremely rough. I feel for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009