what could be wrong

I have a cocker spaniel who is about 6 years old. His right eye is sort of droopy since last night and he has a horrible ear infection for the last couple of weeks I am treating with medication from the vet but his left ear is worse than the right, and he tilts his head to the right like he can't look striaght. What could be wrong with him His ears are really really bad even with the meds I am going to take him back to the vet on Wednesday. He acts the same as usual his little tail wags, he is happy to see us when we come home he acts okay. Last night, my dh said he thought he was walking funny also Please help this is my baby

ntschetter

Asked by ntschetter at 8:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pets

• maybe if you had a pic to post. although i have no idea.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Is Wed the soonest you can get him into the vet? I would call Monday and tell them all of his symptoms and see if he should be seen sooner. Some of the symptoms sound more than an ear infection. Keep us posted.
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Sounds like he needs to see the vet again. message me if you are interested I know of a product that might help him stay healthy.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It sort of sounds almost like he had a stroke! Ask the vet about it, maybe the ear infection caused it. Try to get him to the vet sooner, or take him to the ER vet.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• an update: I have decieded that I am going to call in sick to work today and that I am going to take him the the vets, otherwise wednesday is the only and soonest day I could get him in. I also have to make a dr. appt for me as well so I might as well kill two birds with one stone right?

to pagan mama: my dh said the same thing I just don't know if I want to believe it or not I guess I will find out later today, there isn't anything I can do now anyway as it is 5:45 in the morning and not even my work is open yet! lol
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 6:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My cocker spaniel had a stroke when he was around that age and got bells palsy. It is not treatable and he was okay after about 5 months he returned to normal. So sad, poor baby.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009