• In the Spotlight:

y does sex hurt? is it supposed to?

now it seems wen i have sex i get these sharp pains either in my belly or around my hips? is that normal? and my belly gets really hard the whole time! should i stop having sex? im now 27 weeks and 1day pregnant

amanda198524

Asked by amanda198524 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you get pregnant your vagina gets smaller..my fiance told me that mine went from a decent size to a cheerio =P

and i always thought it hurt...right at the end (or when you start to dilate) your vagina will go back to normal size and it shouldnt hurt...or try having sex 2 days in a row..by the second time your vagina should feel better and shouldnt hurt...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• wat about the sharp pain?
    amanda198524

Answer by amanda198524 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You could be having Braxton Hicks when you have sex..or the sex could prolly becausing you to have contractions...have him go slower and see if that makes it feel any better...

that happened to me..also..your baby could be pushing out ur stomach.like...he/shes sticking out..but your not hurting him/her
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I got that too and just stopped, not only in the middle of it but all together =/ lol... sucked for my SO. but i just stopped i didnt want to risk it... but its a good question... its probably normal now that i know its happening to someone else, but just call a nurse hotline or something and they'll tell you... or just call your on call doctor and they'll tell you too =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• if it hurts then yes you should stop .
    try different positions.
    ask your dr abou tit when you can
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009