What internet browser do you use?

I use Firefox but for the last few months when I try to upload pics on Myspace it freezes and I have to close out the window and reopen it. I can't upload them at all using Firefox bc it does the exact same thing every time! So lately I've been using Internet Explorer only to upload the pics bc I heard it had some kind of bug so I don't want to use it too much. Then today Internet Explorer went crazy on me and started opening a ton of windows and wouldn't stop until I restarted the computer! I'm so scared of getting a virus so I don't want to try using it again! So is there another browser that is safe? I'm a picture freak and am constantly uploading pics so I need another browser that will let me and not give me a virus! So what does everyone else use?

Ravensmom07

Asked by Ravensmom07 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i use google chrome. i've only had it a few months but i love it. havent had any problems yet.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 9:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Sounds like you need to run a scan on your computer to check for viruses, tracking cookies, etc. I use AVG Anti-Virus Free.
    Anonymous

• Forgot to add that I use Firefox - no problems while using it.
    Anonymous

• FireFox and I have had no problems for almost 2 years now.

Anonymous

• firefox, and the new upgrade they did about a month or so ago, is not compatible with some anti virus software (i know of at least one type of norton b/c that is what i had) i use avg anti virus as well and it hasn't had any problems with it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• FireFox
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I switched from Explorer to Firefox about 6 months ago. I love Firefox! I couldn't do anything without getting tons of pop ups. I run a virus scan about once a week (as I always have) and never had a problem since I switched.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• That sounds like that Conflicker virus that is going around. I'd run a scan ASAP and make sure your computer isn't infected!

I used Safari (for Mac operating systems) but I have to use Firefox to upload pictures on CM because Safari isn't compatible with their format for some reason.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Firefox. My IE flipped out on me one day and it was the last day I used it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Ok, thanks ladies! I'm gonna give Google Chrome a try! I just downloaded it! When all those windows started popping up earlier, my Windows Defender kicked in and started doing something so I'm hoping it took care of the problem. But I am going to run a scan just to make sure! Thanks again!
    Ravensmom07

Answer by Ravensmom07 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2009