IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO EVER RESPECT ME?

Im having problems with teen attitudes. I have three teens with attitude from hell back talking ,yelling, fighting, name calling, you name it they do it. grounding does no good, busting their butts does no good. They are very disrespectable. Yesterday my 16 year old told me that if I didnt spread my legs for her dad she wouldnt be here and before I knew it I slapped her right smack in the face and had no regrets at all. My little one who is 4 picks up everything and says what they say to each other. "I WISH YOU WAS DEAD" I tell them over and over not to ever say that but they wont listen. I have never spanked them a lot and I hear about it all the timefrom my family and my husbands family but I dont want to hurt them I just want them to respect me and each other HOW CAN i GET THEM TO ACT LIKE LITTLE ADULTS AND NOT DEVILS? If your a basher I really dont need your opinion right now. I just want some good advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, I won't bash... However, I do think this is a troll post. But whatever.. Beat the crap outta them.. It's your job and right as a mom!
    Anonymous

• i'd get a cord and beat their ass...seriously. see what the no spanking thing does to kids? it teaches them that there is no consequence for what they did wrong. that "redirection" stuff is BS.

Sorry i had to rant for a second. but to be completely honest, if you don't spank them, what i would do is take EVERYTHING except for their dresser and their bed out of their room. ground them. they go to school, they come home, do homework at the kitchen table where you can see them. after that, they sit in their room, no, don't let them read a book, they have to sit in their room until dinner, after dinner they go to bed. they shouldn't get tv, computer, books, cell phone, music, ipod, video games, NOTHING. if they need the computer for homework, i'd seriously sit right behind them and watch what they're doing, making sure they're actually doing homework, and not IMing their friends, or getting on myspace.
    Anonymous

• WHAT IS A TROLL POST? im being serious and I really dont want to beat them unless I have to plus their dad and step mom is always ready to find a reason to take them from me and that will never happen
    Anonymous

• like the saying goes, if your kids hate you, then you're doing a good job
    Anonymous

• my parents did super grounding when i was rebelious no tv, no radio, no comp, no cds, no video games, no friends, not after school activites, no phone, no alone in your room time, no nothing i could sit at the kitchen table and read or play cards that was my options it worked for me oh course i got the beat down as well lol
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• a troll post is where you write something, like you did, for someone to come and bash you. the ones that bash all the time are called trolls on here...
    Anonymous

• ok thanks anom 9:30 I really didnt know what it was but Im really not trying to get bashed just need advice
    Anonymous

• You have to earn respect. Apparently they have always gotten away with this type of behaviour so why change now? If one of my children spoke to me remotely like that, they would find themselves going through a wall. I have an 18 year old son and he wouldn't DREAM of speaking to me, or anyone else, that way. You need to seriously sit them down and tell them, new rules! You WILL straighten up, you will stop the name calling and back talking, or you will no longer be welcome to live in MY house. Damned if they'd be treating me that way!
    Anonymous

• let them have them aparently you cant handle them
    Anonymous

• Kids have a built in bs detector and if you have no respect for yourself, why should they? One of a parents responsibility is to establish and maintain household rules along with extending common courtesies. And, for the record (depending on your state), I've called the police who stood by while I beat my teenagers asses! The police told them afterwards they must obey me.CPS has investigated me and ruled non-conclusive for my beatings of my teenagers!  My favorite word to them is comply or I'm gonna have me some fun. All privileges would be suspended, including their taken for granted right of a room and privacy! Sorry to say, but your fear of having them taken away has you stuck on stupid. Surely there must be another underlying "fear" factor here?  I'm also a recovering addict who still has her kids despite my husband's challenge. Parenting classes and counseling for yourself should help you wonders!

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2009