why are tampons uncomfortable now?

i always wore tampons before i was pregnant but ever since i had my son (he's 7 months old) they've just been kinda irritating. it doesn't hurt, it's just like i can feel it all the time. is this normal or should i have it checked out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• well theyve always felt lik that for me. its probly just from the trauma of giving birth. and ur not used to it ne more because u havent worn one for a long time. talk to ur dr tho. he/she might be able to help
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have the same problem. I'm always thinking I did not insert them correctly. My OB says it just happens to some women. On my heavy days, I will use a super size and that seems to work. You may need the larger size after a baby, but I don't wear tampons for my entire period anymore. I think, for me, it is because I had 3 children. I am not loose and sex feels the same--good, but this is just a change. Ask your DR.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Ditto! I find myself getting irritated with them as well. After baby comes your body does change and I find that spending time with my DH(if you catch my drift) isn't quite the same either. I figure being uncomfortable from wearing tampons still beats feeling like I'm wearing a diaper(pad) all day!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009