Do you think it's odd to be hosting a toy party w/ my MIL?

My MIL recently started being a rep for an adult toy party company. I invited alot to my girlfriends most of which have never met her (btw she's more like a SIL then a MIL) and they all think its odd. I was just trying to help her out getting started and also it's nice to have a girls night in once and awhile. She has always been very open and honest about her sex life and asked questions about mine and her son's. At first it was weird to me but that's just the type of relationship we have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• no if your comfortable w/ it and people are coming go for it help yourself and you MIL
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• well at least u hav a good relationship. dont worry about it. its all up to u. i hav that kindve relationship with my sil. so wutever u feel comfortable with is ok.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• all i have to say is you should be greatful to have that kind of relationship with your MIL! Have you seen some of teh posts on here? I'd kill for one I could simply have a civil conversation with. Yeah i think for most of us it would be weird but your not most of us and if you two are cool with it who cares what anyone else thinks?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i think it;s cool

Answer by admckenzie at 9:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i wish that i could be that way with my mil although i think my real mom is more like your mil is to you, open about sex etc. which is really cool. i think it's cool
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Hey if you can openly talk about it... Really Cool! ... Dont hold yourself back just because others may think its odd! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• the only thing that seems weird to me is that she asks about her sons sex life...thats a bit icky. But I think its great you are friends with her, i hope to be that kinda MIL one day. Rather than be a jealous ass to my dil, I want to appreciate her for loving my son so much. :o) have fun!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think that's great! My MiL is wonderful, a real treasure and more of a mother to me than my foster-mothers ever were. So far , she hasn't gotten into holding adult toy parties but I can talk to her about anything including intimate issues and she is so supportive and kind. When I hear of other womens' problems with their MiLs , I realise how lucky I am.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think it's wonderful that you're being supportive of her new endeavor!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Funny thing, I am a rep for Pure Romance and my first party was with my SIL and MIL.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009