I am having a CVS tomorrow morning and need to know if I need to take more time off than just tomorrow... Any help?

I am planning on taking Monday (test day) off and need to know if I need to take any other time off...

ashley0828

Asked by ashley0828 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what is a CVS? (that reminds me of the store =P)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• CVS -
    Chorionic Villus Sampling. Similiar to an amnio...
    ashley0828

Answer by ashley0828 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Hi, I didnt know what it was but I looked up a couple of things and this is what I found:

"You'll need to take it easy immediately after a CVS test, so arrange for someone to drive you home. For the rest of the day, you'll need to rest. Generally women are advised to abstain from strenuous physical activity, sex, and exercise for three days following the procedure. You may have some cramping and bleeding, which is normal, but do tell your doctor or midwife. If you notice fluid leaking from your vagina, call your health care provider immediately."

http://www.medicinenet.com/chorionic_villus_sampling/page3.htm
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 9:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009