• In the Spotlight:

Alright, ive heard of having a lot of discharge, but this much?? is it normal?

im 39weeks pregnant and ive changed my "Super" Pad 3 times today!!
3 freaking times!! that NEVER EVER happens...(i dont want my panties ruined so i buy the supers)

my pad has soooo much discharge on it..i cant believe that theres that much..

I dont have any itching at all...no burning...its a little off with color, almost brown (im dehydrated, so im trying to drink more water to get all color back to normal)
Im about 3cm dilated? and 80% effaced...
Idk if that plays a role in it?

So is it normal to have that much right at the end? or, should i tell my doctor when i see her tomorrow morning?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 9:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, could be your mucus plug, normally when that comes out, it means you'll be in labor soon.
    Anonymous

• oh and the brown could be part of the "bloody show" that comes with losing your mucus plug.
    Anonymous

• ive already lost my mucus plug..and i had blood come out of it too when i got the last bit of it out...so..idk what else it could be...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i agree. its possible to be your mucus plug. and yes, i would tell your doctor. everything should be okay and congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• well, mucus plugs can grow back. that could have happened in your case. it happened to me. has the doc checked you in the past 24 hours? if so, that could be it also, some people have bloody show after they get checked. is it thick or thin discharge? if it's thin, it could be your water broke....hhmmm...if it helps, i'd call l&d and ask them if you should go in or not, just in case. GL
    Anonymous