Contractions?

What do they feel like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• PMS cramps. They just get stronger & more frequent over time.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Sometimes in the beginning you just feel like your stomach is tightening, almost like your sucking in but you have no control over it.

Other times it starts as light mentral like cramps in your lower abdomen and/or back.

Some women even start feeling crampiness in their legs and hips.

No matter how it starts or where you are feeling the pain it will eventually become regular and painful. You WILL know when your in labor but don't be concerned. If you are 37 to 42 weeks just wait until the contractions become 4 minutes apart for 1 hour and 1 minute long AT LEAST before heading to the hospital or until you feel like you can't take it any more and will die if it doesn't stop.
    Anonymous

• oooohhhh im having a contraction right now...it feels like my stomach is tight as hell...im 39 weeks...but im not going into labor...contractions arent close enough together =P

so...i hope i explained myself good..lol

btw...a contraction isnt painful...i think their just REALLY REALLY uncomfy...and i dont like when im uncomfy =P pain i can deal with..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Mine were weird it was like cramps but I also felt it in my thighs like they were really weak and my lower back felt like it was spassin gout. Its different for everyone but you will KNOW when it happens
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• go to contractionmaster.com...it answers all the questions about contractions you might ever have :o). Every woman feels them diff, but real contractions can be in your back, tummy, all over...braxton hicks(practive ones) are only in your tummy...I am 8 months preg and that website has been helpful
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• To me mine did not feel like pms cramps at all. It felt like when you hold in your gas for a long period of time, and you start getting sharp pains
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 10:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009