how do I know how far along I am?

I had to go off of my birth control for a little while because I had a problem with my insurance. After I ended my birth controll, I never got my peroid again. Somewhere around three months later, I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. Since going off of birth control can mess up your cycle, how am I supposed to know how far along I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The doctor will do an ultrasound at your first or second visit to give you an estimated due date. I guess they can tell by how much the baby has developed. I didnt get my period for 3 months either but tht was normal for me, mine has always be irregular. but the doc gave me an estimated due date and so far it seems to be right.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 10:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• An ultrasound. I had to have one because I wasn't sure of my last period. They may go by the last one you remember having as an estimate and then do the ultrasound to be more accurate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• The doctor can do an ultrasound to attempt to figure it out. Depending on how far along you are it can be pretty accurate. After the first trimester however the accuracy goes way down. They will probably test hormone levels too and compare them with the ultrasound.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009