I just found out I am pregant and was exposed to Radiation on Friday so my son can get his xrays? Im so early in the pregnancy (4wks) should I be worried

BMXMOM549

Asked by BMXMOM549 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that if you do something before you realize you are pregnant, which for most women is around the 4-8 week mark, than you are usually in the clear. However I am not sure about radiation. You weren't the actual person getting the xray so I wouldn't be too concerned about it but I would mention it to your doctor just in case.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• no hon, they say not to have xrays as a precaution but the baby is so protected, the trace amounts that even you get are no more dangerous than using the microwave.you and baby are just fine hon...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yeah, I had an xray and then found out I was pregnant a few days later. My LO is a healthy five month old now.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You should be fine, I had dental xrays at that time and I and the baby were fine. Unless you are having lots of xrays you should be fine. You can always talk to the doctor about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I had x rays done on my knees, lower abdomen, and dental xrays all the week before i found out! I was also 4 weeks pregnant, and everything is fine =)
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Nope. At this early in the game the baby is VERY protected. Keep in mind that most women don't even know they are pregnant until they are close to 5 or 6 weeks along and many are exposed to a lot of "dangers." I myself was out with friends the weekend before I found out I was pregnant. Actually got pretty toasty too. I have a theory that something in our body is triggered during those early weeks to provide special protection for the little ones.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2009