10 months pregnant?

Might be dumb, buuut..How long does a woman stay pregnant for?
I was slightly confused when I found a pregnancy calendar and entered my due date and it said I was 9 months pregnant.
It also had a 10th month of pregnancy....
So..how far along am I if I'm due June 10th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your pregnant for 10 months (technically speaking) because its 40 weeks your pregnant,....40 divided by 4 (4 weeks in a month) equals 10 months..

BUT..if you go by developement weeks it would be that your pregnant for only 9 months because some months you'll have "5" weeks in them from the developing weeks...

its weird..when i found this out i was like "shit, im gonna be pregnant for 10 months and not 9"

but its the same thing lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• 7 months. im due june 15th
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 10:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Haha. Go to babygaga.com and it has preganancy tickers. I'm due July 12th and I'm exactly 27weeks today. You might be what 31weeks or so?
    Anonymous

• yes, you're actually pregnant 10 months, 40 wks.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• you are 7 months but it is confusing. I figured out early on (i am 8 months) that its easier to just look at it as 10 months not 9, BUT your baby is fully developed/full term at 37 weeks. I ahev one more week lol, then I am jogging and jumping around etc...I am soooo ready lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• 40 weeks. 9 months because some months have 5 weeks. I really was pregnant for 10 months because I was 2 weeks late delivering.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• From conception to a birth at precisely 40 weeks is one week less than 9 months. 40 weeks (so from your last period) is one week more than 9 months. If you go a couple of weeks or more late, then you're pregnant for 10 months. I love the way people decide it's ten months because 4 weeks in a month. There's only one month that has only 4 weeks, geniuses. the rest have about 4 1/2.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• @@ to the PP who apparently hasn't read very many pregnancy books. YES, pregnancy is technically 10 months. It's usually easier to just count by weeks as to not have to worry about the smart@$$ comments of others who think they know it all though.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am due June 13th, and I will be 31 weeks on thursday, I believe. I was confused about that too, so I just tell people in weeks. Its the 7th month tho, i think. its confusing!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009