• In the Spotlight:

How long does it take?

How long does it take for stretch marks to heal to the point that they won't heal on there own anymore?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I think you are asking at what point are the stretchmarks definitely permanent. Well, I believe it can take a long time until they hit the point that will not fade anymore. Are yours white? Even still, you can always try to use moisturizers and creams. Try Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula. It's kind of greasy, so only use it at night, so that it doesn't mess up your clothes. I used it my whole pregnancy, and I don't have any stretch marks at all. It never hurts to try.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well I just started useing palmers cocoa butter again, I used it during pregnacy but I still got them but they probably would be alot worse if I hadn't. Anyway they are getting better, I was just wondering how far they would fade before they quit getting better. They are still kind of pink.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• alot of times they stay pink. They say it takes two years for your body to heal completely from a pregnancy. I think that also means hormones & everything! Vitamin E oil helps in the healing, but there isnt an instant cure. Sometimes tanning helps hid them. but they wont go away completely. thats gods signature...smile. i know that stille doesnt help soothe you worry. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2009