TMI...shaving 'down there'

Im very hairy "down there". im due in july and dont want everyone in the room lookin at all that hair!. my hair goes from my vagina to my anus lol. should i just shave it or get it waxed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol I'm 38 weeks and I still shave mine.. it depends on if you can still shave or not.. if not then I'd wax!
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 10:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Whatever makes you more comfortable, although i head that with the increased blood flow, that it hurts like you wouldn't believe. I wouldn't know, though-- I've never gotten a brazillian. I've only waxed the top, and it hurt so bad and caused bleeding, that I wasn't about to get it anywhere more sensitive!

Also, I don't think the nurses or doctors really care. Considering that so many women poop on the table, I can't imagine pubic hair would really phase them.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• lol at that stage, i just got my dh to trim it for me. i was due in July last year, and in June, i could've cared less what i looked like down there, i wanted the baby OUT. it was freakin hot out, and it doesn't help that you're always hot when you're pregnant. alot of women care less when it comes close to their due date. it's the "screw how i look, i want this thing OUT NOW!!" stage lol
    Anonymous

• Also, I don't think the nurses or doctors really care. Considering that so many women poop on the table, I can't imagine pubic hair would really phase them.

lol yeah! and you're worried about pubic hair...lmao!
    Anonymous

• I shaved and then gave up at like 8 months. I was hairier than a mofo down there and I didnt care cuz i knew the nurses have seen it all before, plus I wasn';t with the daddy at the time so its not like I was getting any anyway. I'm not shaving with this pregnancy either
    Anonymous

• I worry about that too, I'm very hairy too but i figure I can't be the only one so I try not to focus on it. I will admit when my OB is down there I wonder if he thinks "God can't she do something about this???"
    hehehehehe
    Anonymous

• i'm going to trim. . .but thats it.

i'm so scared about pooping on the table.
    that just grosses me out soo bad!!!!
    i told dh not to tell me, but i kind of want to know just because. lol
    Anonymous

• I am due in July too and have been using our electric clippers, I am so afriaid of cutting myself or waxing. It's not all gone, but definitely trimmed up. Helps some at least.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• if you shave, you will have the itch as it grows back and no ty as there may be a need for an episiotomy, waxing hurts 10x worse when preg, due to blood flow, either option and you can get an infection sue to the blood flow issues...trust me your doc and staff have other things going on and thats the last thing they care about. besides they will shave most of the area around your vagina anyways when you start labor...so I wouldnt worry or care...:o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i've never been shaved by my dr???

she just uses mineral oil on me to make sure i don't tear.
    Anonymous