Returning from easter dinner and.....

we drop off my husbands 8 year old daughter. her mom calls and i answer the phone-she asks for my husband i say hes driving she says well can i talk to him i say he's drivin(cant talk n drive here) so she says can u put the phone up to his ear i say he's driving she then says tell him to call me and hangs up. so i repeat this he calls right back she asks why he bought her home and she wasnt ready he says she said she was anyway he hangs up and says i dont know why she just didnt say that to you-so my ? how would u feel about that? what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• so he then decided to call and let her know anything she had to say she can say to me. that when she comes here(our home) she is with us not just him-do u think we handled it well? this lady is very ridiculous at times. she actually would not allow the daughter in our wedding as the flower girl 2 yrs ago.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you want to have a good relationship with all of them including your husband you should let her talk to him, whenever, however she wants. Trust me, if you stay out of it, things will be alot better for you in the long run.
    Anonymous

• she shouldnt have to go through you if she has something to say to her ex about their child... honestly....
    Just keep a common ground between u guys so that things dont get chaotic & if she chooses to be chaotic towards you than just dismiss it... dont get wrapped up....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• She just mey be trying to keep things about the child between her and your man. I know it sounds mean, but alot of women don't like to think that another woman is responsible for their child, even if it is only a short time. Plus, she may just be angry that he is with you and not her, so she just doesn't want to speak to you.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think she doesn't want to talk to you. she shouldn't have to.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I agree with kwiseman. I don't think that they should exclude you, but if she has a concern with her child's father about her child, it doesn't have to go through you. He dropped her off because he has custody of her, not you. YOU weren't the one who dropped her off even if you were there, so really that specific conversation really didn't involve you.
    Anonymous

• just because you;'re the step mother type thing doesnt mean she should have to tell you shit its not your daughter its his and hers so you need to butt out
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You are NOT the parent. You are only a STEP mom. Let him deal with his ex wife. WHAT would you do if the tables were turned? You must be jealous of him talking to the MOTHER of HIS CHILD. GROW UP!
    Anonymous

• I think she just wanted to communicated directly with her baby's father...don't take it so personally. My baby's father lives at his mom's house, and I would NEVER talk to her about the baby...only my baby's father. If he's not home when I call, then I'll call him later
    Anonymous

• Hello STEPMOTHER you dont count for anything in the child's life you can not make the father stop talking to the real mother. Really butt you knew he had a child with another women before you married him. Get use to it. The real mother does not have to even say hi to you! Let me guess you are 16
    Anonymous