Castor oil...

Yeah I ended up the other night putting some in my pasta....needless to say I'm still pregnant....

What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hasn't been proven to work. My Dr told me don't try it
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i bet u was on the toilet too! my cousing tried it and it just sent her to the bathroom. just let the baby come on its own. Im due in July and im impatient already.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't work....nothing will work unless your BODY is READY to go into labor.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I honestly don't know why women think it works. Really all it does is irritate the bowels which is believed to cause contractions. The only thing that is definite is that you'll end up on the toilet and dehydrated. Honestly though, it's probably the dehydration that causes the contractions more than the oil. It actually has the potential to be really dangerous. I'm actually glad it didn't send you into labor just because that is no way to start it. Not to mention effectively raising the chances of pooping on the table. Induction will not work unless your body is ready. That goes for natural as well as drugs. Drugs work more times than natural, but even then they can fail (which really just means your body is doing its job) and a woman will end up with a c-section because of a "failed induction." Try to take it easy and be patient, these last weeks seem to last FOREVER but then before you know it the baby is here.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009