What did you think of the ending of Twilight (Breaking Dawn)? Don't read if you aren't finished with book 4 yet...

I thought it was a bit anti-climactic, I was expecting something bigger to happen. But I loved the series overall and will probably read through them again, skipping over the "non-edward" part of New Moon lol!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saw the Renesmee and Jacob ending! I know it's weird, but I was talking about it to my husband as I read the books, and I told him that Jacob was going to "imprint" on Renesmee. I thought that might be it after I found out she was pregnant because of the foreshadowing in New Moon when Jacob's friend imprinted on the two year old.
    I also loved the Host. I actually read that one before the Twilight series, and had never heard of the Twilight series when I read The Host. I liked that one so much, I wanted to read something else by her, and that's when I found the Twilight series. I hope she does write another book in the series!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I thought Breaking Dawn was the best book in the series....I didn't have any expectations....just I loved the whole series and thought it came to a good conclusion IMO.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Don't get me wrong, I loved the happy ending but I thought it would be something different. I loved the series though, and I think that Eclipse was my favorite book of the series. But I do think BD left some room for Stephenie to expand on the series by writing about Renesmee and Jacob, and maybe the other boy who was half human half vampire. Thats one thing I did like. Though its still weird to me to think of Jacob with Renesmee lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Honestly they just all run together in my head and I couldnt tell you what happened in each one! I love the story overall though. I even liked Host which has nothing to do with Twilight.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yeah that was a twist I didn't see Renesmee and Jacob together.....like that was weird. Meyers def can write more onto the series.....but question is will she? I read Midnight Sun and would love her to finish that project up. I am currently reading The Host by Meyers.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I hope she finishes and releases Midnight Sun. It would be interesting to see it from Edward's point of view. I think she should also release another version of New Moon but this time have it told in the first part by Edward, til he leaves, then by Jacob's view while Edward is gone. I think that would be awesome too!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Predictable but a good ending nonetheless.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2009