What do you use to make your clothes look good.?

I want to know what other moms use to make here familys clothes look and smell the best. i am a new wife and i need all the help i can get. Comments Please.

Proudauntnmom

Asked by Proudauntnmom at 11:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Witch craft. It's the only thing that works with boys.

Haha! Just kidding :) I use All free and clear and I use Arm and Hammer dryer sheets for fabric softener. On tough stains I soak in oxy clean over night.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I too have boys, and use:

Arm & Hammer Dye Free Liquid Detergent, plus
    Liquid SHOUT! (stain remover)
    Clorox 2 (non-chlorine bleach for colors) OR Clorox for whites (with lemon or soft fragrance), AND a "dash" of FeBreeze laundry deodorizer

I put ALL of those products in my washing machine, set to the maximum 99 minute cleaning cycle!

Then dry them (partially) with a lightly scented fabric softener sheet. If their clothes are a little damp when I put them away (I don't fold their shirts and pants/shorts, I hang them in their closets), they end up less wrinkled.

Since I have boys, MOST of their clothes are wash and wear. It pays to buy good quality, name brand items that have rugged construction too! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have HE machines so I have tried to stick with HE detergent. I usually use Wisk or All, but I went to walmart the other day to get some and the Wisk was gone and they were out of All, so I bought Gain. Gain is good but its one of the more expensive kinds and its very high in fragrance. If you like that, then its fine, but if you have sensitive skin or sinuses, then I don't recommend it. I do not use fabric softener because it makes my clothes and towels feel like they have residue on them. I do use Bounce in the dryer. I hang up EVERYTHING that might shrink to keep the clothes looking good. The Gain smells really good. If you want less fragrance, then try All or Wisk. If you want NO fragrance, then get the free and clear kind. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Tide, Downey and Bounce. Quality clothes look better than inexpensive clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• beckcorc LMFAO...I swear dirt is dirtier when boys get in it.
    My Mom swore by Cheer. I use Tide he for front loader washers and Downey softener...liquid. I hate sheets. I will use Shout on stains. If they are grease stains like man out in his garage stains or greasy food stains Dawn dishwashing liquid works the best to treat them. I also like the smell of Gain softener.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009