Did anyone else see "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas?"

If so, did it make you cry? I found it entirely depressing.

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• I was excited to rent it. And I didnt watch it all the way through... it didnt hold my attention. Now I loved 7 pounds have saw it a million times... SOoo good. Also Changeling was great!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• SO to answer your question .. i didnt cry. What was the ending??
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It was beyond depressing made me shed a few tears.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• the little boy bruno sneaks into the concentration camp to help his friend find his dad and they end up getting mixed in with a group of men going to a gas chamber and he dies.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I didn't cry. What was the ending? Think about it. Nazi Germany. He lived near a death camp. He snuck in to help his little friend. He dressed in a prisoner's outfit (striped pajamas) to not get caught by the guards....you see where this is going?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Had it been true (the boy actually sneaking in and going into the gas chamber inadvertantly) I would have been more horrified but I found it difficult to believe. That said, I avoided Dachau when in Europe last because I didn't think I could handle walking through the concentration camp. The Halocaust has no words to describe the evil endured. History is repeating itself in Darfur and other African nations and again, nothing is done. What kind of a world do we live in?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• That was one of those rare movies where the movie was better than the book.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It was a great movie. I did cry.
    I think these are great movies and more people should see what can happen when you think the government will not do that? Because it did happen and it can happen again. The Jewish people show us that we need to fight back.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I read it with my daughter. I preferred Anne Frank and Me.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The Boy With the Green Hair is a great (old) movie for kids on prejudice.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009