Would this be tacky or no?

I was promised an engagement ring when the tax return check came... well the check is here now. I've been looking and window shopping, and of course I have an idea of what I like. Now, would it be tacky/rude of me to show him," hey I want this one!" or should I just let him pick it out on his own? I trust his taste/judgment and all that. Not his timing though. If I let it go, I know he'll spend a few months looking for one. I don't want to be "that girl" about it, but it was promised. So, bitch move or no?

nerdyma7

Asked by nerdyma7 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• you're the one who has to wear it.....tell him you saw one you liked.....see what he says
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 11:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It is all about the way you present it. maybe a hunny remeber how you said i woudl get an engagment. Well maybe we could go out and look at a few so you have an idea of what i want. I picked out the one my hubby got me.
    kitkat41084

Answer by kitkat41084 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh hell no, don't wait for him or he'll go buy a truck or new tires and the money will be gone! It's not tacky to tell him you found what you want. He'd tell you he found the speakers he wants for his vehicle!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No your right with wanting your own taste you should point him out the types of rings you want and hope he goes over bored and goes out of his way to get the best one he can find .And there is nothing wrong with laying down the rules and saying what you want .Now if its romance your looking for then just throw hints an wait for him to make his move and swep you off your feet.If he is smart he will listen to every thing you say and go with it and hopefully make it better.I hope its betterbride

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think you'd be doing him a favor. My hubby and I went to look for rings together. We helped pick eachother's rings and made them match. It should be a bonding experience.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 12:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• well you are the one who has to wear it the rest of your life, so I say let him know exactly what you want... I agree with admckenzie if you don't let him know, and remind him of his promise, he will end up blowing the money on boy toy's!! That is what mine would do anyways. Just bring it up in conversation, then let him know that you would want to go looking with him...Good Luck.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Give him ideas on what you like. Send him emails of diffrent ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Most men need to be guided in this arena...don't be afraid to let him know what you like. You don't want to be stuck with something you'll be unhappy with. A ring is a personal item, and something everyone can see...so make it personal to you, just let him be the one to pay for it and brag about what a wonderful ring your man got for you! That should keep him happy too, and then maybe you'll get much more than just a ring on your finger.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• tell him about the one you like! i'm sure my cafemom stalker will start shrieking about how i made my hubby buy me my ring, but honey, rings are important to some girls and if you see one you like, let him know! its exciting to get your engagement ring! much luck to you guys!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 12:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would bring it up in a casual way, not like you are nagging at him. Hubby & I picked out our rings together too. But lol I DID nag him and we didn't get them till the day before the wedding ;)
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2009