Does your DH/SO turn you off more than turn you on?

My hubbie and I have been having problems and here lately he turns me off and drives me nuts and bugs the hell out of me more than anything. It's like I can't stand to be around him. I am not attracted to him anymore I guess, IDK. But I can't fathem NOT being with, well kinda, IDK how to say it but does this happen to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• i know what you are feeling cause i feel the same way right now. it should pass soon if not maybe you need to rethink your relationship
    Anonymous

• He turns me off when he says stupid stuff. It's like he doesn't think before he opens his pie hole. Sometimes I want to jack slap him instead of having sex with him but have to admit the sex is more fun. I just try to think of him as a dumb blond and tell myself the man is just dumb as a stump and pity him...then realize what a great life he has ...with me! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean, but when I get that feeling, it usually passes after a while.
    Anonymous

• Look, most men want sex and when they don't get sex it's like uh oh well, back to the drawing board. Tell him what is pissing you off and what's turning you off. And say I would love to have sex with you more often, but you do this and it makes me not attracted to you. He will make an effort to stop in order to get some more booty. Don't be like ugh you are so annoying and I'm not attracted to you at all! Be like you know what really turns me on? When you do this and this, but when you do this and this it makes me not want to have sex.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• lol, I get SO mad at DH for the following things that would turn anybody off:
    his butt crack is always showing!
    he farts like it's nothing
    sometimes he doesnt brush his teet
    he eats like an animal!

Sometimes I can not even take it. But I love him for the great guy he is and often find myself in the exact same prediciment. I have even brought it up to him that he could at least TRY. Why should I go through the trouble of shaving my legs, doing my make up and everything each day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• maybe not to your extent but i just roll my eyes. sadly this doesn't stop his joking around and i think i might be really hurting him in the long run but he just needs to grow up and stop being silly. why does he just bug me now not when we were dating. oh well i love him and my marriage means to much then to just give up and quit cause he just doesn't get iu can't stand being teased endlessly or annoyed by his stupid brain.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i know EXACTLY how you feel! my husband has been driving me crazy! but i can't imagine not being with him. i think every couple goes through this. luckily we have a vacation coming up (our first without our son!) and that will help us get out of this rut we've been in!

i would suggest trying to get away for the weekend or something, or maybe even just you going off somewhere with your girlfriends? i know thats not practical for everyone, but maybe for you it could work?
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 12:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I know what you mean. Sometimes my husband is super annoying. I just find things to keep me busy away from the house for a couple of days and get some space, then everything is better.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• yes alot, dont do what i did ( kick him out ) just take some u time and let him no how ur feelin and ask him 2 back up find a few things 2 do alone in the other room 4 awhile ask him 2 let u have ur time. try 2 remember what he did before that turned u on and tell him
    ch2727

Answer by ch2727 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• YES. My S/O is a typical guy, who does typical annoying guy things. I'm just lucky he doesn't watch football. Sometime he just rubs me the wrong way. His method of "turning me on" is really mechanical, but he doesn't like when I am the same way and doesn't like me to try to turn him on at all. Of course he never takes my suggestions. But he doesn't listen to me when I say anything...so what can I expect?
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 1:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009