Period on Nuvaring

After i had my son i got the depo shot at my 6 week check up. I had to pay too much so i switched to nuvaring. Since i started the ring my periods have been lighter and lighter every time. The last was barely there, it was like the blood that comes from a scrape, almost nothing. I don't have insurance right now so i can't go to the doctor about it, I just wanted to know if its atleast somewhat normal or not.

I also posted this same ? in the health category (i didn't know which category would be better)

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm pretty sure it's normal. So i've read on the reviews on it anyway..Other than that, do you like being on it?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My period has been the same with the Ring. Lighter each time. But no complaints here. I am OK witha 2 day period every month, ya know what I mean?

Sarapurser - Other than the light period, I have had no weight gain, no crazy hormones, no bad anything. I love it! And I have been on so many different bc's (3 different pills, the shot, the patch...I hated them all!!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• ok i was on nuvaring and let me tell you...ya it does lighten your periods...bu t it also makes you gain weight like a mad cow ....trust me i'm a fat ass now! and lowers your sex drive BAD! i went 2 months with no sex and i am married! and 23 btw....i didn't even wanna think about sex....nuvaring is the worst birth control ever ....so i took it out and about 2 weeks later my husband and i were making love like we did when we first got married it was awesome! try to get something else if you can....
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah, it's totally normal. You don't think you're pregnant do you? I liked NuvaRing, except I had headaches. I am now on the Mirena IUD, and I haven't had a period since before I was pregnant (a year and a half!)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol i got pregnant on nuava ring i would wait 2 weeks get off of the nuva ring first then wait 2 weeks then take a pregnancy test i didnt know i was pregnant until i was 10 weeks along thanks to nuava ring wont be using that b/c again not only that but i know alot of women and teen girls who got pregnant on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009