How do u clean a diamond ring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• take it to a jewelry store. they will clean your ring for free
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• they have jewelery cleaners to clean your diamonds at the store
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 12:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Toothpaste and a toothbrush, my mom taught me that, and it works wonders!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Take some liquid dish soap and make a sudsy solution with warm water. Soak your ring in the solution for about 5 minutes, then brush with a soft toothbrush.

You do NOT want to do this with your pearls, opals, or other soft stones.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Toothpaste and a toothbrush, or just everyday window cleaner and a toothbrush.
    I would never let a jewelry store clean your jewelry while you were gone. Or have it repaired while you were gone.
    My girlfriend had her stone stolen and replaced with a fake one this way, and because she did not have a mapping of her diamond prior to the cleaning, she was unable to prove the store stole her diamond and replaced it with CZ.
    Google it, it happens all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My mom told me to use toothpaste and a toothbrush, or to soak them in ammonia/water mix in a glass, but the jewler said DON"T DO THAT!!! He would do it for free, and that those things damage the ring, are abrasive and scratches the gold. Gold is soft, so take it to your jewler while youre shopping, just don't forget to go back for it!!!
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 11:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• most jewerly stores do it for free even if you didn't buy you ring there so next time your at the mall shopping around just drop it at the jewerly store for a half an hour and when you come back it will be nice and pretty.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 11:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I microwave a cup of water in a small glass dish for about 2-3 minutes (almost boiling), then add 2 caps of lemon scented sudsy ammonia. Soak my diamonds for about a minute or two, and then use an old toothbrush to brush away loosened dirt and grime. Rinse with cold water (make sure the drain plug is in your sink!!!), and pat dry with a paper towel....beautiful!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• toothpaste and an old toothbrush. The paste kind, not a gel.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 4:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2009