i dont know if these are bh contractions or what??

so this is my first pregnancy and i feel stupid for asking but i just dont know! lately i get this feeling in my whole belly where my whole uterus would be and it hurts sooooooo bad for like 1-2 minutes like i feel like i have to go to the bathroom really bad but i dont and sometimes it gets so bad i feel like im going to throw up.. and this usually happens for about an hour. not daily or even weekly just randomly. is this what a braxton hicks feels like? ive heard that contractions just feel like bad menstrual cramps, is that kind of in the same family??? im so scared that if my husband isnt back from overseas before the baby comes im not gonna know or make myself go to the hospital!

USMC_Elisa

Asked by USMC_Elisa at 12:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all honey calm down. You will know when the baby is coming. Take a deep breath. Why don't you call you doctor and ask him what you should do.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• the best thing to do is to get a piece of paper and write down every single time this happens so you know at what times it is happening and if they are getting closer or more intense you need to call doc...maybe even go to L&D....keep a close eye on it tho honey:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• When I had braxton Hicks it felt like my whole tummy was really hard for about 30 seconds and then it would go away until the next one. but when I had the real thing it did feel like really bad menstrual cramps. but you should should call your doctor...also lay down on your left side and relaxe.
    mtkelley

Answer by mtkelley at 12:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• They are braxton hicks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009