Mothers of 9 month olds

Are you over the SIDS scare? I kinda am, but still get worried some times. Am I the only one?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes I get nervous but I bought one of those monitors that detects when she is breathing and moving! I love it but sometimes when she rolls off of the monitor pad it goes off and that scares me. But Its so nice to have it and know that she is doing ok. I just glance over at the monitor and it lights up everytime she moves or breathes!
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• no, i still get scared.i freak out when sammy rolls to his stomach during the night. i always try to flip him back but i wake him up. so i am but im not.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• This is actually Zackary's first night in his own room, so I'm a little nervous now. He's always been right next to me at night so I never really worried about it. I'm sure I'll be in his room every 20 minutes to check on him.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh, well Leila sleeps on her stomach EVERY night. In fact, I have to kinda pull her nighttime diaper further up in the front, otherwise she will pee through it (she sleeps about 12 hours a night). I have a video monitor, but I still check on her at least once an hour while I'm awake. When I read things about mothers who have lost their children, it makes me crazy! I can't imagine! I lost a child at 6 months pregnant and that hurt like hell, but after so much time, I think I would end up in an insane asylum.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am back on it because some times now DS will wake up and cry for a second or two then drop back off to sleep, it scares me so much because I start to think bad things instead of just that he went back to sleep.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was never worried about it. I mean, it's not like I was just waiting around for it to happen or anything, but I didn't even bother laying DS on his back when he started rolling over. What's the point? They're just going to roll back over when you're not looking! I know for me personally I'm more comfy on my belly too! In fact, it's the only way DS will sleep now. He's 9mo and I know he can handle himself.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 1:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was never that worried about it. I have no other risk factors and my oldest slept on his tummy since birth. My 9 month old slept mostly on his back but sometimes on his tummy. Now he rolls all over the place in his sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Back, stomach, whatever. SIDS always scared me no matter what. And yeah, still does.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• SIDS was a concern of mine, but I felt the risks were the same no matter how you laid them down to sleep. My LO slept on an inclined positioner on his side for the first 2 months of his life and nap on his belly when we were watching. Then we realized his neck was strong and he would move it on his own when he was napping. So we started putting him to sleep on his belly. Then once he started rolling over he would sleep in whatever position he wanted. I would still get scared, especially when I would walk in the room to check on him and he had snuggled under the blanket. But he has lived.
    elizabethie

Answer by elizabethie at 6:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2009