What do you fix for dinner when your SO is out of town?

DH is traveling on business and when he is away I always think about driving through McD's or ordering pizza. Does anyone have good ideas for easy/fun/special things to fix at home when he's gone?

AJandCocoMommy

Asked by AJandCocoMommy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• The first thing I always have is salmon. My husband won't eat fish, but I love it. So I only get to eat it when he's away. It's quick to prepare, too. A rare treat for me.
    TwoBoys76

Answer by TwoBoys76 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Make pizza with the little ones...they love to get their fingers in that dough and spread that gooey sauce. Have fun!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Fix the kids their favorite meal and fix yourself your favorite meal. make it a celebration.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• cook things that your dh doesnt like but the rest of you do. or just keep cooking normal meals.. You can even make the same portions and freeze his So when he gets home he can Have it or one night just take them all out of the Freezer and Have "tv dinners" each gets there Fav meal
    pebbles86

Answer by pebbles86 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I make all the stuff that he won't eat! Basically anything ethnic...Curried chicken is a favorite.
    sskyesmom

Answer by sskyesmom at 9:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I cook some double meals when he's at home, then freeze a portion. Then when he's gone, it's as quick as going through the fast-food lane. Or sometimes I make a loaded baked potato for myself, or anything he doesn't like, that I do.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008