My cat and dog is, well, they are fighting like cats and dogs!

We have had Buddy (our 150 lbs German Shephard) since he was a puppy. He is 8. Almost 2 years ago we found this kitten out on our back porch all wet and cold, so we took it in. His name is Tiggy.
Even though for the most part they get along, but recently the dog has been chasing the cat more and more, and he seems jealous. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to behave?? We play with both of them equally, but the dog pushes the cat away when he wants to play with us.

dragonfly7271

Asked by dragonfly7271 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Hmmm, well, I when I got a new dog (through rescue), I would feed my previous dog treats when she first got there. Maybe you could play with them at the same time and give your dog some type of positive affirmations when they are civil. Make the cat being around, a treat, whether it is extra attention or treats.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Pay alittle more attention to the dog of course. The cat isnt gonna care in the least. By the pup some new toys make him feel special...make him his own area with toys and a bed etc....animals are territorial it should help. Maybe start getting him out to play Frisbee more or run with other dogs if possible..he sounds like a German Shepard lol being bored and irritated!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009