How much is your family dental plan?

I know nothing about the costs of medical/dental because I was prior military...now I'm out so I'm wondering what the cost of your dental plan is for your whole family. You can answer anon...I just want the cost per month for the premium and how many members it covers. Thanks!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• lol well we're military, so we have united concordia. i think its $28/month for the whole family (aside from my hubby, who is AD, and obviously gets it free)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes we have United Concordia too and it's about $26 a month I think for the whole family.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My husband's job he lost was $30 a month for dental and vision , with one $50 copay/year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I miss having military insurance! Although we don't have to pay for insurance (no withdrawal from husband's paycheck) we pay half of all dental bills. Doesn't matter what they do, we pay half of each service-visit, cleaning, x-ray. The medical is based on a certain scale. It's annoying, some stuff is 100%, 80%, 50% or less.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We pay $29 a month for a family of 5
    We get 100% on all prophylactic treatment and children's visits and all children's dental care
    50% on cosmetic repair
    80% on any type of dental repair or restorative treatments
    and $2000 per family member for orthodontic treatments as long as they are at least 4 years apart.
    We can see who we want, no copays or deductibles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• $19.95 a month - Dental, Vision, Chiropractic and Prescription...
    (we have the medical too so it cost us $39.95/mo total - but just for the dental plan it's $19.95)

We get discounts around 60% on everything (up to 80%) we love it!

No limits!

My husband needed dental work done, and the total out of pocket would have been just over $600... We only paid $243...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry, I didn't tell you how many... up to 20 people cost just $19.95/mo ($29.95/mo for medical only and $39.95/mo for dental and medical)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009