recylcling issues

My closest recycling place only takes plastic, paper and aluminum. What are some things that you ladies recycle. I only recycle certain things, because some things are made with a mix of materials. for example... my formula cans and canned food items have a mix of steel and things that they are made out of but i save the plastic lids and recycle them. What are some things that you are possitive about that can be recycled. Things that you don't really think about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We don't recycle everything. You can usually get a list from your garbage company what they will take and what they don't.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Almost everything plastic in my house. Shampoo and Conditioner bottles. Glass jars from the refrigerator (pickle jars, salsa, jam, etc.) dish soap bottles, a ton of things. But I don't get money back for half the things i recycle, but thats OK cause thats not why I do it. :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We live on an Air Force base in Washington State and most everything as far as plastics, paper, glass can be recycled here through the garbage company. The main things we recycle are milk jugs, glass jars, mail and junk mail, newspapers, and aluminum cans. We recycle everything we can, but they don't accept any plastic containers where the opening is bigger than the base of the container, such as margarine tubs, yogurt tubs, sour cream containers, etc. But we recycle a lot of stuff.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I recycle only paper and blastic bags
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I recycle it all... I reuse plastic bags...
    glass jars I keep most of them with lids and use as storage
    plastic butter containers...good also for storage
    Newspaper (some of it is put away for cleaning, like windows and glass surfaces)
    milk jugs, some lids are taken to a recycle bin...
    We also can burn so there are some items that are burnable... so I normally have only
    1 trash can set on garbage day...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Glass, all our steel cans such as soup and vegies, any cardboard boxes along with mac and cheese boxes etc. We recycle toliet paper and paper towel tubes too. Our community comes right to the curb for it on trash day so it is very nice. I am amazed at how many people don't recycle here especially when they give you a break on your water bill if you do and charge you extra if you don't. I am also amazed at how little garbage we now have because the bulk of it is recycled. I just wish they would come up with a way to do diapers and wipes too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh, we also save and return all grocery store plastic bags to the recycle bin in the lobby. This way I don't have to mess with canvas bags but I am also not putting plastic bags in the land fill. We have also seen a reduction on how many garbage bags we must buy per month so everybody wins...especially Mother Earth.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009