Honesty Opinion!

So here is the back ground. My husband is in the field, and I am really sick. His friend/buddy had to come home from the field. He and his girlfriend decided to come over and help me with my daughter and make dinner because I dont feel well.

I have know this friend since my husband and I have gotten married. He has one child from a previous relationship, one child from a previous marriage (I met her when my husband and I got married), now thinks that his vasectomy in September didn't take, and his then girl friend is pregnant due in August, and the girl that he is dating now, thought she was pregnant but it was a false alarm. They have been seriously dating for four months. She is the first female I have ever seen him with that I thought she was a great girl for him, smart, funny, and loves him very much. She has her shit together, no kids, in the Airforce and just all around a great girl.

continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your not wrong. I would tell him not to come over or talk to you until he apologizes. And if he doesn't than skrew him. Also, if he does say he's sorry, tell him that he can't drink before or while he's at your house.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• He is a sweet guy, but is honorable to a fault, a great dad, feels like he only provides for them financial and regrets that he cant be there more because of his career.

Well I found out that he thinks the baby of his old girlfriend is pregnant as listed above. I want what is best for him and his new girlfriend, they are talking about getting married next month despite their short courtship, because they are both getting ready to deploy. When they were over, he was holding my daughter and got upset because he missed his children. He is injured and on profile and is always taking bills and drinking which was no exception this evening.

He plans on signing the birth certificate of this other child before having a paternity test done. His girlfriend is very upset and I got drug into the conversation. I told him that he needed to be smart that he owed it to his soon to be new wife and any future children to be rational.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i would have told him the same thing. especially being military, the mom can go after him for whatever she wants and if he signs the papers than he is responsible.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• He gets upset tells his girlfriend/fiance that he is who he is, and if she doesnt like that he is going to do it then she can just leave. She is crying at this point, and I am trying to reason with him. The argument escelates, and he wants to get a cab. I walk over and say, " hey _____, come on, I am sorry, it is none of my business, we are friends right." He gets pissed, tells me "Your not my friend, dont talk to me like that." His girlfriend apologizes and takes him home, I am crying and upset, and he just leaves.
    He already insulted me earlier in the evening because my daughter finished her dinner, and said, "all done" and wanted down, like she always does. He tells me I am teaching her bad manners, and that she should have to stay at the table until everyone is finished. I let that slide because he had been drinking, and just let it go.
    He just called me, and said,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my dh is paying cs for a kid that isn't his. she was pg when they got married, he signed, and they divorced. He needs to think about the future of his soon to be child, and if the other kid isn't his, that s/he will be taking money from his ACTUAL child. Maybe I read the Q wrong and maybe I sound harsh, but it will affect his whole little family for at least 18/21 years financially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• "Hey darlin, you dont have to say your sorry, I hear Olivia so go take care of your daughter." I told him I didnt want to talk about it know because I know he is still drunk! He didnt even call to apologize for being an ass in my house, and yelling at me in front of my child.

I always take good care of my husband's friends and treat them like family. I know it was wonderful that he came over to take care of me. But would anyone else be totally hurt that he talked to you like that in your own home? Would you ever be able to invite him over to your house again? If I am wrong I can accept that, but I have done my best to befriend his girlfriend, even took her to an FRG picnic yesterday, and over to my parents house for dinner, and bunny pictures for my daughter. She is a sweet girl, but I do that for him. Have I lost my freaking mind???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well that is what both his girlfriend and I was saying, he is taking away from his actual children, and his new family!! I worked in family law for years, and told him I could get him an attorney to help out, and he doesnt want the help. I also said that he might be denying the actual father the opportunity to know his child because he wont hurry up and have the paternity test done. He says he doesn't want to stress pregnant mom out, but he sure doesn't care that his fiance is a nervous wreck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• His main reason for all of this is that he doesnt want to actually be the father, and have the child find out one day, that he denied her and asked for a paternity test, and have that child be hurt. WTF?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2009